This is a collection of shortcuts and tricks I've gathered over the years. I use most of these on a daily basis to speed up my workflow.
Most of these work in Brave as well.
- Select URL
- New tab
- Go to the next tab
- Go to the previous tab
- Go back / forward
- Refresh page
- Bookmark page
- Go to a specific tab
nbased on the position of the tab
- Close tab
- Search open tabs
- Search Help Menu
- Chrome Settings
These I shortcuts for actions I use all the time and I wish they came in Chrome by default. Feel free to use whichever keyboard combination you prefer. These are the ones I use:
- Pin tab
- Duplicate tab
- Close Other Tabs
Creating Custom Shortcuts on MacOS
To create custom App shortcuts on macOS:
- Go to
System Settings > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > App Shortcuts
- Hit the
- Select Google Chrome
- In the Menu Title field, type the exact name of the function you're creating the shortcut for e.g. Pin Tab
- In the Keyboard Shortcut field, press the keyboard combination that you'd like to assign
Pro tip: You can find the exact name of a function using the Search Help menu. Press
/or click in Help in the menu bar and search by the function name.
Keep in mind, as Chrome updates, the exact names, and capitalization of functions may change. If your custom shortcuts stop working, see if you need to update their names.
These are Google apps that I use so frequently, I consider them part of Chrome.
- Book a meeting with a colleague
- View by day
- View by week
- View by month
- View by year
- Focus on today
- Next day
- Previous day
- New event
- New email
- Go to Inbox
- Go to All Mail
- Move through emails
- Select email
- Archive selected or open email
- Delete selected email
- Reply to open email
- Go to the next email on an open email
- Go to previous email on an open email
- Label an open or selected email
- Go to Spam. In the main view, press
←and then navigate with
- Mark open or selected email as Read
- Mark open or selected email as Spam
- Back to the main view from an open email
I'll try to update this list as new shortcuts become part of my Google Chrome workflow.
If you have any other tricks or shortcuts, I'd love to hear about them. Sent me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.